RPM JUMPING

2004 BMW 650

2004 BMW 650 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 83000 miles

Hi, I have 2004 BMW 645ci with 83000 ml on it. I have had a problem with the RPM, It drops and jumps at low speed around 1400-2000 RPM it's like big jerk/stutter that I can feel. It does it when the engine is really warm-up(about 200 deg and up) and it even does it more when it gets hotter. I have MAF, fuel injector, air filter cleaned but it doesn't fix. Please help.

Year: 2004
Make: BMW
Model: 645ci
Engine: 4.4 V8
Sphonevilay

There are several issues BMW had with the idle quality on that motor, what has the dealer to say? The possibility of repairing that issue without going through the trouble shooting tree will be unlikely. There are software issues, possible intermediate shaft wear problems and a host of other issues that can be at the root of the idle/off idle quality problem you report. To start, I would see if the software is up to date, BMW fixes are often software related. To do this you must seek out someone with the correct diagnostic/programming equipment. Next would be to see if there are any bulletins that deal with the issue. SIB 11-07-06 is such a bulletin, as is 11-02-05
This is a car that cannot be easily repaired by just replacing parts, so I recommend you do not waste time doing so.

Dr. Hagerty