TRANS PROGRAM

1994 BMW 535

1994 BMW 535 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130k miles

On the Indicator Screen it reads " trans program" and i've searched everything I can to find out what it means, but it just told me to turn off the car and dont run my engine to high.
What are the possible things that could make it read " Trans Program"
Joshtheman

The 535 E-34 model has a 4-HP22EH transmission and there may be an issue with the electrical aspect of the system. I recommend seeking a BMW pro in your area to scan the system to find out what is the cause of the warning light. It could be a faulty speed sensor in the transmission, if I were to offer a guess.

Dr. Hagerty
That actually should be a 525

Joshtheman
That is different, the force motor is possibly at the cause of this fault and there is a replacement chip for the transmission control module. It will be VIN specific. Please repost with the vehicle ID. Also what have you done so far to correct this problem?

Dr. Hagerty
Getting transmission fluid and filter changed this weekend and I can get the vin in the morning if you dont mind the wait, thank you for being patient

Joshtheman
No worries. I am here for you ♥

Dr. Hagerty