CAR SUPTERS

1988 BMW 535

Engine problem
1988 BMW 535 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 23**** miles

They way my town is set up there are alot of places that in order to get out of a driveway or parking lot you must floor your car. Alot of the time when I do this my car like supters. Like its trying to pick up speed but somethings cloged. Most of the time I just let my foot off the gas then pressed down a few times and it stops once i'm up to speed. This only happens when I floor it out of somewhere. What could be causing this?
Gisloc

If I understand your question, there is something wrong and you don't have a clear picture of what it is. What is the repair history of the car? Is fuel economy affected? What have you tried so far to remedy the situation?

Dr. Hagerty
I have used better gas (mid grade then prem) I have tryed fuel injector cleaner every time I fill up. It only happens when I have to get out of somewhere fast from a dead stop. Its like the car gets gas then it doesnt or its choking. But once it gets some speed it stops. And another question.I want to get my transmission flushed since I dont know when the last time it was done. But I have heard that if I do get it done my transmission might be a goner

Gisloc
If the air flow meter is as old as the car it will cause similar issues. If the transmission is aged, service is at best a chance on causing some mischief.

Dr. Hagerty
When I first got the car it was cutting out after I finally go tit to run. It end up being a dirty MAS and a filter that had oil spryed on it. It wasnt a k& n it was just a normal filter. Anyways.I had the MAS cleaned and filter replaced and I hadnt had any problems intill now. This all sucks at the moment because a few weeks ago my center baring started tumping on my driveshaft. My starter got a short in it which is causing the battery to die and my cataltic converter cracked. And with christmas and the new year I dont have the god only knows how much money to get it fixed. But thanks.I will try cleaning the MAS again and see if it will last me a bit longer

Gisloc