528I

1999 BMW 528

Car overheated. I am going to investigate but is there anything else to replace besides t-stat, w-pump, radiator cap i.E. Sensors etc? Also, looking down at the radiator to the left at the bottom is an electrical plug. On the right side of the radiator about 1/4 of the way down there is an electrical plug in. I am missing whatever plugs into this. What is this plug?
Truelove

Does the water temp gauge work correctly?

Merlin2021
The temp gauge never went past half way. The blowback was coming through the bleeder valve on the expansion tank. When the car cooled the I checked the bleeder valve with my fingers the top of it snapped off and I barely touched it.

Truelove
This tank is made of? A) Metal.B). Plastic. If a replace it it was not holding system pressure anyway! Then pressure test the cooling system. Any radiator shop can do this.

Merlin2021
I replaced the broken bleeder screw and it has not overheated as of today 5/8/2007.

Truelove