HIGH SPEED SHAKES

1995 BMW 518

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1995 BMW 518 Two Wheel Drive Manual

Hi my car starts to shake after I reach a speed of 55mph the steering, the gearstick and all the seats shake but once I reach a speed of 80mph it eases off but is still there. Everyone told me to get my front wheels balanced but I have done this twice and I even had all 4 wheels balanced by a bmw garage, this didn't solve the problem so I had the prop shaft checked but they said there was no play with it so they thought it would be fine. The problem is still there. Can anyone help?
S.gray5000

Hopefully our BMW expert will chime in on this, but if im not mistaken, I believe that BMW makes new lower control arm bushings that are updated and will make the vibration go away

Jack42
There is an updated version for the thrust arm bushings, use the bushings from a 1990 750il, the last three digits in the part number are 607 and are dimensionally the same as the stock E34 bushings so they are a direct replacement. This is also assuming the shop has people that know how to inspect for worn suspension components and can be trusted to do this work.

Dr. Hagerty