DSC CONTROL UNIT, FINAL STAGE UNIT

2000 BMW 518 • 6 cylinder 2WD Manual • 82,000 miles

The final stage unit number you gave me is for a resistor according to BMW of Watertown. I have removed the panel under the glove box and have not found foam rubber as you described, but a square white plastic panel with 3 plugs. One large in the middle and two much smaller on each side. What does this resistor look like and where exactly does it go?

Also the DSC unit looks easy enough to unscrew with the torque screws (6). How does the large horizontal din plug get removed? I don't see any snap tabs on the ends. It looks like a small screw driver can be inserted into one end, but I don't want to pry and break something. It almost seems like there would be a screw from underneath or something else holding this so securely. Again, this is a 2000 528i. Can you please help again?

Thank You,
Ed Lubowiecki
Lubolink

You should post to your original question. That way the original expert gets notified.

Wrenchtech
We seem to have a small disconnection, can you resend the last 7 of the VIN?

Dr. Hagerty