O2 SENSOR CODES

2007 BMW 335

Computer problem
2007 BMW 335 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 25000 miles

Hi,
I replaced the downpipes to catless put in O2 sims but still got these codes
P0036 HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0161 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 2) - see our " articles" link for additional help with these generic check engine light codes
I had it cleared but when I restart the car it comes on up again. Others have said I may have damaged the sensors when I put them back on. Are they that easy to damage? Is there a way to clear them? Thanks
Phuc
Ontopofm

The reason you are getting those codes is because there are no cats any more, you took them out and there is nothing to do about it except putting the car back to stock configuration. The faults you report are for post cat bank 1 sensor 2, thats the sensor that reports the cat efficiency and with them removed you have compromised the systems ability to monitor the cats. Sorry to give you the bad news but OBDII criteria is what it is and cannot be manipulated by us mere mortals.

Dr. Hagerty
Glad to know that my sensors are not damaged. They are expensive. I have the O2 sim connected to the car to prevent codes from popping up again but I think it's not strong enough. Other people run the same up but codes cleared and never pop up again on their cars. I was suspecting the sensors were damaged.

Ontopofm