REVERSE

2000 BMW 323

2000 BMW 323 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

is there a part that can be changed out when the reverson the transmission goes out r does the entire transmission have to be replaced
Chris154

What do you mean by " goes out", does the transmission have any forward gears, is reverse inoperative?

Dr. Hagerty
The car drive fine. It just wont go in reverse. Is there a certain part that need changed out. Can I change the entire clutch system will that correct the problem

Chris154
No reverse can mean there is a clutch pack that has failed inside the tranny, are you willing to attempt this repair and do you have the resources to complete the task?

Dr. Hagerty
I want to repair it I have a brand new Lux Clutch kit for the car. Will that fix the promblem.

Chris154
You bought a clutch kit for an automatic transmission?

Dr. Hagerty
Yes a clutch kit for an automatic tranmission for a bmw 323I it look like a plate with gears in it.

Chris154
If you have a foot press, a clean room and all the special tools for the rebuilding of the transmission, I would think twice before taking on this project my friend.

Dr. Hagerty