WATER ON THE ENGINE

1998 Audi Quattro

1998 Audi Quattro V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 77,000 miles

I recently Installed a new transmission on my 1998 Audi A 8 Quatttro, I was steam cleaning the engine, with the motor running. All of a sudden. It quit. It turns over, fuel pump relay clicks on. No Start? Any suggestions?
Jeffseybold

Steam cleaning is a bad idea with all of the electronics under the hood nowdays, but I guess you already know that. LOL. Try unplugging and drying out with computer air (Canned Air) every connector you can find related to the engine running. This is the best place to start, so if water is causing a bad connection you dont chase your tail. It may even just dry out eventually and start

Jack42
Sir, the car dried out/ started up. Badddd.I ran a scan, I received 12 codes.0121. Throttle position.0300,0303,0304,0306, 0308, cylinder misfires. Code 1640. DTC'S AVAILABLE IN ANOTHER MODULE.1500 SPEED SENSOR. What could have happened. Please help. Let me know, I will donate again. Please advise

Jeffseybold
Have you dried out the connectors for the coils? Check for moisture in the spark plug wells. You will need to get rid of any moisture that isnt where it is supposed to be. It has just now dried out enough on its own to start

Jack42
I tried everything. New spark plugs, new power output Stage///It acts like it is loaded up. Transmission was hard enough. Any Suggestions. Thanks Jeff LA FIRE DEPARTMENT. Call me Anytime.661-295-9324

Jeffseybold
If it is misfiring, since it was wet, you are most likely looking at connections at the injectors, coils, but until all connectors are free of moisture and corrosion it may not run right. The misfires will cause other related codes. Check every connector also check for moisture in the underhood power center. And If itis visible the main connector for the engine wiring harness.

Jack42