CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2005 Audi A8

2005 Audi A8 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 69812 miles

I took my Audi A8 in for a console lid repair and they replaced the ignition coils as part of a recall campaign. My check engine light came on shortly after I got the car back. I took it back in and they replaced a crankcase pressure regulating valve and the air flow meter. I got the car back and the check engine light came on again immediately. I took the car back in and they replaced the evap valve. I got the car back and within 10 miles the check engine light came back on again. Would the original replacement of the ignition coils have triggered the check engine light? It was not on before I took it in and they did the coil recall work. The mechanic asserts that they are totally unrelated even though the car was running fine and the light was not on when I brought it in to fix the console lid.
Suzeiris

It is entirely possible that there is no relation. The recall should not have made a difference unless a pcm regromming/update was done that could have changed the parameters of the emmisions system. Not knowing what codes were shown makes it more difficult to answer that. I can say that some self-tests do not run unless others have passed, evap is the last to run.

I find it odd that both the crankcase pressure regulating valve and the air flow meter were replaced. Technicians at dealerships are not paid enough time to accurately and definitively diagnose problems and can recommend a part that is not bad.