AUDI A6 RADIATOR PROBLEM

1996 Audi A6

Engine Cooling problem
1996 Audi A6 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

water is coming out of the water reservoir. It doesn't have a radiator cap. Where is the cooling system pressure regulator?
Siddikov

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

See pic of cap they don't look like normal pressure caps but if it is leaking replace it.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_cap_1.jpg

Mhpautos
Previous owner says she replaced it but after a day or two water still coming out of it constantly. So I believe there must be something that lets water out to the extension reservoir and closes. And that thing is stuck open. In a regular car radiator cap does it and if you replace it, problem would be fixed. So what regulates cooling system pressure in this Audi and where is it?

Siddikov
Hi there,

The pic of the cap is the pressure cap, if the system is over pressurizing to the point that the system is releasing coolant, I would be looking for a problem with a thermostat, head gasket or a blocked radiator, start here.

Mark

Mhpautos
I checked the lower and the upper radiator houses: they seem to me worm, so there must be a circulation or it is not clogged up. It is not overheating, so it is not a head gasket. I will change the thermostat, coolant temperature sensor AND THE PRESSURIZED CAP.

Thank you so much

Siddikov
Hi there,

OK, let me know if you still have any problems,

mark (mhpautos)

Mhpautos