FUEL DELIVERY...

1971 AMC Javelin

1971 AMC Javelin V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

I have a new problem that no one can figure out. I've had my car for about ten years. Recently when it gets hot the car starts sputtering and starves for fuel. I have a clear inline fuel filter and I can see the fuel sputtering in the filter. It does not happen when its cold. I've changed all the fuel filters including the one in the tank. I've replaced the fuel pump and even installed a new carb. I have all new fuel lines, no restrictions anywhere. Nothing seems to help. I've taken it to my local service center and they can't figure it out. Any Ideas? Thanks.
Ttyner

What you are talking about soundslike vapor lock. When this happens take the gas cap off and see if car will start. Make sure it is the right gas cap as well. Check to see if vent to tank is blocked. Then check your fuel lines to see how they are routed. If they are running close to the exaust someplace then try to put a shield or wrap them in insulation tape. If this car has headers the header may be going to close to the line and causing it to disrupt the fuel delivery. A heat shield made of aluminum or steel may work also placing it between the heat source and fuel line.