FUEL PROBLEMS

1972 AMC Gremlin

1972 AMC Gremlin 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Hello. I just bought a 72 AMC Gremlin that had been in a barn for about 14 years. I know that it was started once 4 years ago, ran like a top then was shut down again.
I have the car now and have it firing on all cylinders. I can't get fuel from the tank to the carb to get it going. Where should I go from here? Pull the tank clean it out then reinstall it? Or try to siphon out old gas and get a fuel pump filter etc? It right on the verge of going it's just the fuel problem is where I need to use my judgment. Thanks.
Jaybird772

The thing to do here is get rid of the gremlins lol. First thing to do is get a can of gas and hook it up to the fuel pump to see if the pump is bad or not. Then after that has been eliminated, pull the tank out and wash it out all together. If there is a lot of rust in the tank then it is probably trashed unless you can put one othe sealants in it to fix it. Replace any or all rubber hoses to the fuel system. Actually the coolant one s as well. Change the filters too. You'll also ned to probaly rebuild the carb to get the gunk out of that as well.