SMOKEY EXHAUST

Alfa Romeo Other

Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 Spark 58093 mil. 1995. Dear sirs. My car, when stationary (the engine is still on) releases quite a lot of smoke, this has gradually got worse. The pipe is quite dark in the inside. Could you tell me what you think it could be?
Ginard67

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas

Yes I can help but what kind of rainbow color is coming out from the tailpipe-Is it black/white/blue

Sounds like you are burning more fuel than air-running to rich

Thanks for replay! The smoke is white but is dense. People are starting to give me looks when they drive past!

Yours Sincerely

Ginard67

Ginard67
Pull over to a shop and have the following tests done-its an indication of a possible blown headgasket.

Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: Thermostat, Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.

Yes I can Help. If the block & the pressure tests ok then no problem.

Diamondgoldsilver