WHEEL BEARING/DISC PAD REPLACEMENT

2004 Acura TSX

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2004 Acura TSX 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 74376 miles

I've had a recurring clicking noise that happens when you apply the brakes or turn a corner slowly. One shop says it's the front disc pads that need to be replaced but I'm skeptical because there's still a lot of pad left.

A second shop says it's the front wheel bearing that needs to be replaced and I should take it to the Acura dealership because it should be covered under warranty.

Appreciate your thoughts and if you concur that it's a wheel bearing, what should that cost.

Thanks!
Thomassb

I'm no expert, but sounds like a good possibility of a wheel bearing if it were the brakes from my experience, you would have a clicking sound upon stepping on the brakes from the pads hitting the slide and vice versa when you come to a stop. The turning would put a different angle pressure on the bearing. Replacing the bearing at home would require removing most of the suspension and pulling the carrier into a shop and having them pull and press a new bearing into the wheel carrier. Then reinstall and alignment time. If a shop does it and they can do it on the car, I would guess about 50-100 for the bearing, about an hour or two of labor (say $75 per hour?) More if they can't do it on the car, then about $80 for an alignment if needed.? Some of these experts probably would have more better input though.

503tsx