2001 Acura TL Repair Question
2001 Acura TL Air cabin filter
2001 Acura TL 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles
location of air cabin filter
It is loacted behind the glove box.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
NOTE: Manufacturer's terminology for this filter is dust and pollen filter, or A/C filter.
CABIN AIR FILTER
Removal & Installation (1999-2003)
1. On 3.2TL models, remove the screw, then remove the glove box damper. See Fig. 1 .
2. Remove the screws and remove the glove box. See Fig. 2 .
3. Cut plastic cross brace in glove box opening. See Fig. 4 .
4. Remove cross brace and 2 mounting screws from glove box opening. Remove filter lid from evaporator. See Fig. 5 .
5. Pull out lower dust and pollen filter assembly. Remove filter from housing. See Fig. 6 .
6. To install, reverse removal procedure. Ensure arrow marks on edge of filter face in direction of air flow. Ensure no air leaks from evaporator.
7. Align cross brace into glove box opening by aligning tabs with slots. Secure cross brace with 2 mounting screws. See Fig. 7 . Reinstall glove box.
39,954 answers provided