BLINKING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2001 Acura Integra

2001 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 128500 miles

First off let me say that my engine is shot, it burns about a qt of oil a week and I've been putting the high mileage stuff in it and it seems to not be burning as quickly as the cheap stuff. I just don't have the money at the moment to get the engine rebuilt. But this morning I was driving to work at the check engine light that it always on started blinking. A little while later the car started to make a noise similar to a lawn mower and when it started up and idol'd it seemed like it was almost going to stall out. I really don't know what this could be the only thing I can think of is that the converter is so clogged that its causeing problems. PLEASE HELP !
Toast79

Blinking check engine light means that the cat cannot filter the exhaust running through the exhaust, usually caused by a high amount of raw, unburned or unignited fuel usually pointing to a misfire
you might not be running on all 4 cylinders.
When was your last tune-up?
How do you know your engine needs a rebuild?
I've seen someone drive on 2 cylinders for almost 3 months only to find out he just needed 2 spark plugs but he was just too scared to have it checked out.

Jeremiah