ABS LIGHT ON

1994 Acura Integra

Brakes problem
1994 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Is the ALB/ABS indicator light showing? Yes comes on then shuts off from time to time

When stopped, does the brake pedal sinks when the brake pedal is held depressed? Yes Sometimes it works, Sometimes it sinks

So basically the light comes on from time to time and it also makes that buzzing noise under the hood periodically. When I press the pedel at first I feel the pressure but as I come to stop it starts to sink. Any help on what it can be and how much it could cost to fix it. I love my car and dont want to sell it if I can get it fixed without " braking" my bank.
Yveangel09

Hi yveangel09,

Retrieve the trouble code to find out what is wring. However the symptoms seems to point to a faulty ABS modulator unit.

RETRIEVING CODES
1 . Turn engine off. Turn ignition on. Ensure ANTI-LOCK warning light comes on. Start engine and check ANTI-LOCK warning light. If warning light goes out, no fault codes exist.

2 . If light remains on, turn engine off. Disconnect service check connector. Connect SSC Short Connector (07PAZ - 0010100) to service check connector. ( A jumper wire or papar clip would do )

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_SCS94IntegraLS_1.jpg

3 . Turn ignition on, but DO NOT start engine. ANTI-LOCK warning light should start flashing Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC).

4 . First flashing sequence indicates main code of DTC, and second number indicates sub code of DTC. See Fig. 3 . A one - second pause separates main and sub codes. Total of 3 DTC's can be set at one time. There is a 5 - second pause between DTC's.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_ABSCodeReading94IntegraFig03_1.jpg

5 . To recheck DTC sequence, turn ignition off for a few seconds and then turn it back on. After codes are retrieved, go to appropriate test under TROUBLE CODES to diagnose system.

The modulator unit is listed at $1735.15.

.