HAYWIRE ELECTRICAL

1992 Acura Integra

1992 Acura Integra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I bought my car 4 days ago and after pulling out the badly installed cd deck my electrical systems went crazy. When I signal for a turn my door open light starts blinking as well as the clock and the seatbelt light. What would cause this? Thanks for any input on this.
Acurabroken

Hi acurabroken,

Most probably while taking out the CD deck, a ground wire was loosened and is providing poor contact.

Check for any loose ground around the area.

Hmmm well im not sure what a ground wire would look like. Would something like that be reseting my clock though?

Acurabroken
Hi acurabroken,

If the clock is resetting, it could be the ground, some call it earthing. It could also be due to a blown back up fuse in the under bonnet fuse box. You need to have this fuse replaced, if not the ECM, radio and clock will lose its memory when the ignition is turned off.

Grounds are those wires bolted to metal body parts. For Honda, most of these are black in color. Some might be bunched together with metal connectors and tightened. Some are plugged into couplers in a plastic connector and bolted to the body.