ABS ACTIVATING WHEN YOU COME TO A SLOW STOP.

2002 Ford Explorer • 175,000 miles

ABS started activating at a slow stop after I replaced the front right bearings. Now I have changed all 3 ABS sensors and the front right brake caliper. I checked fuses and all. What else can I try?
Ed1313

Does the abs light come on?You might need a scan tool that can read live abs data to see what's going on.

No ABS light comes on.

Ed1313
Your going to have to use a scan tool to watch the speed sensors to see what's happening when the abs kicks in.

Will I get a message when this happens while scan tool is plugged in?

Ed1313
No you will need a advanced scan tool that can reach live about data and watch the speed sensors while someone drive and see if one of the speed sensors reads different then the rest when the abs kicks in when it shouldnt.

But if they are all new sensors I put on what else could it be? I was thinking I may have did something to the rotor when replaceing the bearings?

Ed1313
You still have rust etc that can effect the speed sensors if you can see if the speed sensors are even a problem and which sensor is having the issue. Otherwise who knows whats going on otherwise?Without a professional scan tool its all luck and guessing.

I changed the rotor and it fixed the problem.

Ed1313
So what was wrong with the rotor?

Have no clue the rotor looks fine. But that took care of the problem.

Ed1313
Page 1 of 2