FORD ESCAPE BATTERY PROBLEM

2012 Ford Escape • 6,000 miles

Whenever the vehicle sits outside at -30 degrees or colder, the memory for radio and other components are gone. The dealer looked at it and said to simple disconnect battery ground for 15 sec. This can't be normal for any model!
Pvkaup

Your right but not every vehicle stays outside in -30.

Does your battery work ok? Sometimes when they get low, the memory will go away below 12 volts.

Try a memory saver that plugs into the cigar lighter and see.

Mine has to as well as other folks here in AK! The SUV starts but no clock memory or radio! In Fairbanks, AK, we see -20 to -50 degrees Nov. Thru March! Maybe a battery heater plate would help?

Pvkaup
It would definitely help. I was going to suggest a block heater as well to keep the underhood warm.

Easy set up as you can get one that goes where the oil dipstick goes.

I'm not too turned on heating/burning engine oil with those dipstick heaters unless you have to on a air cooled engine! Anywhy it has a block heater installed by dealer when purchased. May have a battery heater pad installed and a 1 amp battery charger istalled as well! Phil

Pvkaup
They have come a long way with these heaters. I felt the same way you did but they have low current units that keep the oil at about 110 degrees.

Anyway, good idea. Same concern, I am afraid heating a battery and it overheating as well. Set it on a timer to be sure it does not heat up the acid too much

You must be familiar/ or know all the items that are commercially sold up here! They have very safe low heat battery pads and blankets just for that purpose! Still think Ford dealer isn't doing their part in fixing this issue. Other brands aren't having this problem. These new cars!

Pvkaup
I agree but Ford does not care when it comes to location. LOL.

Good Luck