QUESTIONING QUOTED REPAIR PRICE FROM VW DEALERSHIP

2011 Volkswagen Jetta • 20,000 miles

I live in Florida and was given a quote for an alignment (steering wheel is off center) and missing left side and center engine shield and core support for $1,365. I have a Jetta and was at the VW dealership already for a 20k mile tuneup. Does this price sound reasonable?
Brown519

I don't know if it is reasonable but personally I would not pay this kind of money for the things mentioned.

How many hours of labor was quoted?

The shields. I assume the plastic ones under the vehicle, can get
expensive when several need to be replaced.

List a breakdown of parts & labor so we can get a better idea of
how much you are paying for what.

An alignment should just be an adjustment. But if they need to
replace a steering component because it is bent, then that will add
to the cost & labor.

Thomas

Exovcds
What do you mean by the core support?

Mhpautos
Thanks so much for your help. I actually did not receive a break down of how much labor and the cost of parts for everything; I was only given one lump sum for everything of $1365.

I know next to nothing about cars, I'm sorry I'm not able to better describe it, that's just what they told me it is and typed on the quote. And yes the shields are the ones under the vehicle. They said it was either due to a collision or road hazards like big potholes. I didn't get in a wreck but I drive a lot with my job so I'm guessing it's from potholes or something like that. As far as the steering wheel goes they didn't say it was bent specifically, just that it was off center. But those two terms may be interchangeable, I'm not sure. If you have any other advice or information on the general cost of such repairs I'd greatly appreciate. Thank you!

Brown519
Seems kinda high to me. You should get an itemized quote.

Vwscott
By law they have to provide you with an itemized list on the quote so that you can pick and choose what you do and don't want done. If they won't give you that, go somewhere else, they're trying to scam you.

Rivermikerat
Oh, and report them to the Better Business Bureau and the state's Bureau of Automotive Repair.

Rivermikerat