ODD SMELL WHEN RUNNING CAR WHAT COULD IT BE?

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse • 32,000 miles

It smells like the cars and outside smells get inside the car through the air conditioner but it happens when I go over 75 mph. Its a gs 4cylinder.
Galbingito

Check the fresh/recirculating air vent. Check the firewall for any leakages due to bad or dislodged stoppers/sealing plugs.

Thanks how do I check this?

Galbingito
At the firewall there are grommets for wirings and A/C system. There are alos stoppers for unused holes. Check if any is dislodged or missing.

As to the fresh air/recirculating vents, you would need to perform tests to confirm.

Why do you think the smell that gets inside is coming from? Could it be the friction between something? And why does the smell gets in only when I start going over 80mph?

* the air condioner stops blowing cool air when this happens and when I slow down its starts to blow cools air again.

Galbingito
If the problem only occurs at high speeds, it can mean the fresh air vent is being forced open to allow external air to get into cabin. When this occurs, it is going to affect the A/C performance.