HOW DO I ADJUST THE PARKING BRAKE ON A WITH 50,000 MILES ON IT?

2009 Honda Element • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 28,000 miles

My parking brake needs to be adjusted as I have almost 10 clicks to secure the rear wheels. This is the first time for this adjustment.
Roncali

The parking brake consists of drum brakes inside the rear disks, with each side activated by its own cable. The cables meet at the brake handle, under the center console. The fine adjustment is there; there's another adjustment mechanism at each drum.

Fixitmr
The rotors have a hole in them thru which you turn adjuster the hole has to be in 6 oclock position. It clicks as you turn it.(With flat screwdriver) click it 4 times and then check handle pull again.

Fixitmr
An alternate method is Set the emergency brake. Then put your finger in the front part of the plastic where the emergency brake arm is and lift up and forward and take out the plastic center console and you'll see the adjustment right behind the emergency brake, 12mm nut

Fixitmr