STARTER

2008 Suzuki XL7 • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 20,000 miles

Dear sir
i have problem with my Suzuki XL7 2008 luxury, today when I turn the ignition switch the starter fail to start the engine, I don't know why because its the first time happen.
Haidertalib

Have you tested the battery?

The Battery is very good because the display read 14.3 volts (Normal), so no problem with the Battery. What I mean is the ignition switch is turn on but when I turn it on start the starter make a voice so that I knew that it fail to start the engine.

Haidertalib
Activate the starter manually at the solenoid if it kicks the engine over-starter relay, transmission range switch and ignition switch-double check battery condition and connections-

Battery

14.3 volts is the vehicle idling? I don't think you'll get this reading when the starter refuses to engage the engine -Recheck it

OK, u r right the display read 12 Volt but at the first and second turn the starter fail to engage with engine but at third the engine starts normal and the display volts grow up to 14.6. What that means?

Haidertalib
Pls. Add me to your contacts this is my skype ID (haidertalib)

Haidertalib
When starter fails to engage, it could be a failing battery, loose/contaminated battery connections, failing starter, ignition switch or starter relay.

Get the battery tested and check the electrolyte level if it is not the maintenence free type.

Thanks for your help.

Haidertalib