HOW DO I GET THE EMISSIONS LIGHT OFF

2008 Saturn Astra • 95,000 miles

The car was just at the local gm dealership less than a month ago, they charged me 100 bucks to clear the code and said I needed a new gascap which they ordered and installed now just yesterday my wife got gas and called me and said the emission light came on again a guy I work with said to disconnect the negative on the battery to get the light off and no it didnt make the light go off. What the fuk/ she checked the gas cap after she reached her destination I guess unscrewed it and screwed it back on but the lights still on. Now im thinkin the gm dealership ripped me off from before.
Rob hess

If they said it was the cap you must have had a evap system leak code of some kind sounds like they guessed and guessed wrong that it was the cap.I would make them look at it again at no charge since they already charged you and miss diagnosed it. Let me know what they find.

Yes they looked at it for free and clear'd the code&light is off. Service advisor told me a couple codes came up another evap code. And a O2 code he also told me they didnt have the tools to look into it deeper said they ran the O2 code again 5 times and all came back good. They said there is no saturn dealerships any more which I know. And if it does it again bring it back and they will try to locate someone that can investigate it deeper.

Rob hess
What gm dealer are you bringing it to?As long as they have a tech2 scan tool which they should be able to run the special test for the evap system the only thing they might not have is the adapter to go on the fuel filler neck to hook the nitrogen/smoke cart up. Also they can all the service info from there service stall online. They pobably just dont want to deal with it since its a saturn. Is there any old saturn dealers that are still open as another car dealer now?That would be your best bet because I would imagine they still have the tools and some of the old saturn techs. Look on your paper work and see if they listed the code numbers your car had.I need the code numbers not the code descriptions that way I can help you further.