PONTIAC TORRENT SPARK PROBLEM

2008 Pontiac Torrent • 47,500 miles

The spark plugs were just replaced a few days ago and they found one rusty and several cracked plugs. Why is the car acting again the same way as before the plugs were replaced and what would cause the spark plugs to be rusty or cracked?
Patmoore1

Did you do the work? I dont know litre size of engine? Did you replace spark plug wires? Are there any applicable trouble codes? Some of the national brand autostores will check codes for free.

Your not using E85 fuel? You cant use E85 in non-E85 vehicles, can cause problems.

This is a v6 engine. I had a repair shop do the work and they only replaced the plugs. I do not know what codes their computer gave them. I only know that an auto parts store has now put their computer on it again and it said that chamber 3 was misfiring. Also I have never used the E85 fuel in this vehicle.

Patmoore1
Also this vehicle only has 47000 miles on it.

Patmoore1
Usually you notice a misfire at idle. At highway speed, you may only notice some lose of power.

If misfire on cylinder number 3, check for spark--fuel injector/fuel-- compression on that cylinder.

It is now missing at idle and I'm smelling a funny smell. What do you think is the problem? Or what should I do? Oh yes also as of yesterday the auto start is no longer working as well.

Patmoore1
As far as the misfire, visually check for spark on the number 3 cylinder. If you have the 3.4L engine, the middle cylinder on the backside of engine is number 3. The spark plug wire goes to it.

If you cant do any testing, then probably it would be best for you to take it to a shop.