WHY IS MY A/C BLOWING COLD ONLY AFTER THE ENGINE WARMS UP?

2008 Ford Mustang • 71,000 miles

From a cold start, my a/c will not blow really cold like it should until after driving around for a few minutes (approx 10-15) whether I am on city streets, stop-and-go traffic, or highway cruising. I have noticed that after starting my car the auxiliary fan by the condenser does not kick on immediately when I turn on my a/c. The fan will eventually turn on only after the engine warms up (that is the only correlation I can make, the engine temp I realize may not be related). I have not done anything to my a/c system. I bought the car used one year ago, no major issues yet.
Luckyblue

Have a pro take a pressure checkon the system to see if it is low first. Also if you are getting into a very hot car that has been baking in the sun open the windows up and drive it makes for better /easier on your a/c system. You may have an actuator problem as well, especially if it's vacuum operated and leaking vacuum. Actuators direct flow of air and temp in heaterbox

Thank you, I will get a pressure check done and follow your advice on a/c start-up. It could be an actuator problem, because while taking my car on long trips (dallas to houston) the air pressure coming out of my vents decreases drastically over time but I can hear the blower motor under the dash blowing with no problem, it's just that the air seems like it's going somewhere else other than out of the vents, at that point, I just turn off the a/c system completely and give it a while to rest. Maybe one of the vacuum doors are not staying open inside the air flow compartment.

Luckyblue