MY BRAKES GOES ALL THE WAY DOWN AND IN ORDER TO STOP, U HAVE TO PUMP THE BRAKES, WHAT COULD CAUSE THAT?

2008 Ford Fusion • 75,000 miles

HAD MASTERCYLINDER REPLACED, BRAKELINES CHECKED FOR LEAKS, NO WARNING LIGHTS ON AND I HAVE AN ABS SYSTEM
Steffsteff

Try having them power bled, sounds like air in system or brakes are worn out.

I took my car to the dealer and they said my hydralic pump went out. Since then I have read some complaints about the '08 fusion brake problems. I am wondering if there is a possibility of this being a recurring problem after this is fixed or a problem with the brake system?

Steffsteff
No if it was problem about it normally it is fixed. You might call for d and see if they have a campaign with it to get it partially paid for at dealer. Or if you bought the extended warranty it may stil be covered under that.

Thank you so much for your help, one more question please. Does the 08 Fusion have a hydraulic pump or is it just a brake line?

Steffsteff
The pump is in the abs unit

Thank you sooooo very much for all of your help, yuo have really put my mind at ease.

Steffsteff