WHEN DRIVING, VEHICLE FEELS LIKE IT IS LIGHTLY********(AT LOW TO MED. SPEEDS) / LIKE GOING OVER SHALLOW GROOVES IN ROAD AT HIGH SPEEDS.

2008 Dodge Sprinter • 35,000 miles

The light******** (low speeds) and the groove/rumble feeling (high speeds) only lasts for about 1 to 2 seconds at a time. Does not happen all the time, just occasionally. Seems to do more if vehicle is loaded or if going up hills. I am thinking this may possibly be a Torque Coverter issue or possibly even a rearend issue? The vehicle shifts very smoothly and makes no sounds or noises. Any insight as to what this might be?
Michael Head

The converter is a good guess as when it goes into lock up, you feel the slipping of the clutch. Get a trans shop to confirm but I bet that is it.

I will have the Trans Shop Confirm. If this it, can a power flush/fill solve the problem? What is a "ballpark" percentage that a power flush/fill could solve the problem? Don't want to waste good money on this if I should just go straight to the real cause. Can the fluid actually be the issue or is more likely to be an internal part in the Torque Converter?

Michael Head
Dont waste your money. Flushing will not put clutch material back.

Don't have the money to replace/repair Torque Converter @ this time. Will I do more Transmission damage by driving it and running my delivery route since this only happens occasionally - 15 to 20 times during 1,000 mile delivery route (mostly open highway)?

Michael Head
Unfortunately yes, the metal from the converter will circulate around the trans and do valve body damage and damage seals as well. It wont happen right away but it will require rebuilding the entire unit when it comes time for the repair. Mercedes transmissions are expensive to re build.