WHY DOES MY HEATER BLOW COLD AIR?

2008 Dodge Avenger • 77,000 miles

My 2008 Dodge Avenger blows cold air when the heater is on, does this car have a climate control module or what could be causing this problem?

Jtoy

The first thing to check is your coolant level. If it is low then it will cause this problem. Check it and let me know.

Promechanic
I have checked the coolant level and it is fine. The hoses also get hot, but the heater blows cold within 2 - 3 minutes after you turn on the blower. If you turn the blower off for a couple of minutes it will be warm air again for just 2 - 3 mins.

Jtoy
Did you check the coolant level in the radiator and the reservoir? I would check both and add some if it will take any.
If it is good then you are looking at possibly a restriction in the coolant hoses or heater core.
It could also be a problem with the blend doors or actuators.

Promechanic
Seems the blend air doors are not operating correctly and a scan tool is required to check for trouble codes.

I do not have a check engine light, but I do have a scan tool.

Jtoy
The scan tool must be able to retrive B and U codes. It would not trigger the MIL as this is a separate system.