CONVERTABLE LOW SPEED FAN ON AFTER CAR OFF

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 60,000 miles

Occasionally the low speed radiator cooling fan stays on after I shut off the car. I have to remove the fuse in order to not drain the battery. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the fan? Where is the low speed relay located? Thanks for the help.
Malebean16

It is normal for the fan to stay on occasionally after you have shut the vehicle and there should be a message that states that some where near the radiator fan. It is also normal for the fan to just come on by itself at times so it is important that you keep your hands away from the fan area when working under the hood. When the fan stays on, have you let it just sit there until it shuts itself down? Or have you actually had it running until it has run downed the battery? If it has actually run down the battery then you definatley have a problem. If it has not then there is really nothing you can do since it is normal operation. If you need the wiring diagram let me know if this is a turbo or none turbo engine please.

JIS001
Hi, yes it stays on and runs down the battery completely. I need a wiring diagram for a non-turbo engine and the location in the engine compartment of the cooling fan relays. Part numbers would be great also.

Malebean16
Here is the wiring diagram. Let me know if it comes out clear? The low speed relay is in the engine compartment relay box. The cover should have it marked as to which one is the low speed and and the high speed.

JIS001
Is the relay box the one with all the fuses in it? I have a service manual that says the relay should be in the box with the fuses and has a picture, but the box in my actual car is very different and has no relays. On the fan itself there are two small boxes, could those be the relays?

Malebean16
The relays should be in that fuse box. They will look like little boxes in there and when you remove them should have something like 4 or 5 blades under. The fuse box cover should also say which one is the low speed and which one is the high speed.

JIS001