CHEVROLET UPLANDER ENGINE PROBLEM

2008 Chevrolet Uplander • 65,000 miles

Now I consider myself pretty handy when it comes to this stuff, but I need some expert advice. My wife's van has the cooling fan running continuously, you start it up and about 10 sec the fan starts up high speed. Sounds like Im running a 75mm garret turbo at 65 boost. Lol, along with a blower motor that works intermittently, but that just need a thump to get going.(Will replace that later) I disconnected a/c pressure switch with no change. Is it possible a relay could be stuck on? My a/c does not work, hard to tell though cause its -20c here in Canada, it was working in the summer. I have a charging unit and suction pump and 20lbs of r134, I did a check and the hp side has green dye leaking so I know that's the problem. Now the temp switch. Is there a temp switch on the rad or is it a sensor in the block that signals the ECM to start the fan. I don't even know witch fan does engine cooling and witch does the a/c. I guess I'll switch the relays around see if that's it?
Eyeballsdeep

The thing that I don't understand is if the cooling fan comes on after 10 sec, so there's no way the relay would be stuck on. Cause then the fan would engage as soon as the engine starts And the temp gauge work fine, where is the fan temp switch? I don't have a $100,000.00 diag comp or scan tool. There's no codes cel cgl. I'm running out of hair. Im just about ready to tighten my lug nuts, see if that works. This site is great compared to others, keep up the good work guys, advice is the best tool.

Eyeballsdeep
The temp sensor is item 5 on engine in rear on top. It may supposed to fire up when you first start car. The second fan is the one for a/c it kicks on when tem p gets to high. It may be just a bad relay, when you pull it out does itstop it should if not then it's something else.

Yah I'll try that, have to wait till she gets back from work. Thanks.

Eyeballsdeep