CHEVROLET SILVERADO STARTER PROBLEM

2008 Chevrolet Silverado • 78,000 miles

Truck will not start checked all fuses and battery still wont start all it does is click once then cut off
Johnkent

What is litre size of engine? Have you checked for voltage, anywhere? Usually the purple wire at the starter solenoid goes hot with the key in the crank position. Any testing at the starter, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the parking brake is set.

Has a 5.3 flex fuel v8. Voltage on dash reads just below the 14 after you turn the key it makes a noice as if battery is dead I tried jumping off with another vehicle even bought a new battery. Engjne light is on so my remote start doesnt work going to try tapping starter with hammer to see if its stuck inplace

Johnkent
I was going to post starter wiring diagram, but, my database shows 4--- 5.3L engines. If you want the diagram, I need your vin.

I changed the starter and it runs now thanks for the help

Johnkent
Glad you got it going your way.