MY CAR GOES OFF AFTER I GO THROUGH TRAFFIC OT USE THE AIRCONDITONER.

2007 Volkswagen Passat • 890,000 miles

I own a passat 2007 model. I recently observed that whenever I use airconditioning or go through alot of traffic, my car switches off on its own. Then the battery warning lamp appears on the dash board. When I wait a few minutes lets say 5 minutes it comes on again. Could it be just a bad battery? Help would be very much appreciated
Olacantona

The idle may be too low. Have it checked as to why.

Thanks alot. I justed looked through d owners manual and it says the battery warning lamp indicates alternator problems. If this turns out to be true how much do u estimate dis will cost to fix.

Olacantona
It sounds like the light came on from the motor stalling? Is that true?

The light comes on after the car goes off. The steering wheel and brakes become immovable after wards too

Olacantona
Thats normal.

You need to find out why it is stalling.

It could be a vacuum leak, idle control and many other possibilities that may cause this.

Is the check engine light on?

No it does not come on. The dashboard goes blank except for the battery warning lamp.

Olacantona
You need a shop to help you here. It sounds electrical but cannot do much from here. Try cleaning the battery cables and make sure all grounds are clean and tight