REAR BRAKES ,PADS FITTED AND DISC,S ITS A WIND BACK TYPE CALIPERCAR NOT RUNNING BRAKES GOOD , RUNNING PEDAL WILL GO DOWN IN TIME TO THE FLOOR , I DID NOT OPEN BLEEDER AND FLUID LEAVEL WAS CHECKED

2007 Vauxhall Vectra • 66 miles

Hi
i fitted pads and rear disc to my 1.9 vecrta, it has the wind back type calipers fitted from new.
they are working ok, but since fitting pads the pedal go, es down to the floor in time and pumps up agin, when the car a running. But when its switched off the brake pedal is ok.
i did not open the brake nipple on any side, so no air in the system
fluid level so ok.
i wonder because the piston was pushed back did it damage the master cylinder.
Charlie mees

We dont' have info fo r these, but normally it wouldn't, but you might try bleeding he system if it goes down and then pumps back up. That's a sign of air n system

I know this is an old question, you must not wind the pistons back without releasing the bleed nipples on these, the fluid forced back to the ABS unit can damage the seals.

DavidLisney