3.6 AWD HELP INSTALLING CRANK SENSOR

2007 Suzuki XL7 • 6 cylinder • 80,000 miles

Hello
i have a 2007 suzuki xl7 3.6 awd. I 99% of the time fix my own vehicles im not a master mechanic, sometimes most of the time its common sense. But anyway my cam and crank sensors needed to be replaced, which is what the code reader I purchased diagnosed it as. I replaced the 4 cam sensors they were very easy. But now the crank sensor is a ***** pardon my french. Haha not really but so far I contacted a suzuki dealer about the crank sensor and had to order the crank sensor, got it, now the mechanic at suzuki told me that its a task, you have to take the trans axel out. So where I stand now we (me and my son). Took off on the pass front. Tire, brakes and rotor unbolted the spring shock, loosened up the A frame.(May not know the actual names of these parts so bare with me, im a hands on guy with common sense most of the time) the part that holds all off the wheel assembly in tack. Took out the cv boot axel now behind that looks like a housing maybe transaxel housing which we unbolted but cant get it out now without removing the exhaust pipes (2) from the exhaust manifold (no room in there at all to do anything) we are now in the process of doing that. Now one question is when we unbolted the housing behind the cv axel the seal opened and fluid came out, transaxel fluid? It really smells. Now where do u put more fluid back in and what type. Sorry this is so long more info should be better at describing the situation. They should have some type of better solution to changing this crank sensor and believe me we tried every angle top, bottom, side believing there is another way. But busted knuckles and lots of swearing to this point brought us back to removing more stuff. Just for a little part. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated asap. Thank you bill from pa. WOW
Klitis192

Here are the procedures for crankshaft position sensor replacement. Not a very smart design, I must say.

CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR REPLACEMENT
Removal Procedure

1. Raise and support the vehicle.
2. Remove the transfer case.
3. Disconnect the engine wiring harness electrical connector (2) from the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor.
4. Remove the crankshaft sensor bolt.
5. Remove the crankshaft sensor.

Transfer Case Removal Procedure
1. Drain the transfer case fluid.
2. Remove the propeller shaft.
3. Remove the right wheel drive shaft.
4. Remove both catalytic converters.
5. Remove the transfer case mounting bracket bolts (1).
6. Remove the transfer case mounting bracket (2).
7. Remove the transfer case mounting bracket bolts (1, 2).
8. Remove the transfer case mounting bracket (3).
9. Remove the transfer case heat shield.
10. Support the transaxle with a jackstand.
11. Remove the rear transmission mount and bracket.
12. Remove the bolts (1) securing the transfer case to the transaxle.
13. Remove the transfer case (2) from the transaxle.

Thank you, for the pics we did basically everything to procedure as outlined we think we missed one bolt holding the transfercase in because it would not breakloose what a terrible design for such a little part that is electrical and may need to be replaced. Will let you know how things are going and any other tips we may encounter I will let u know. Thanks again, bill from pa.

Klitis192
You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

You mentioned that you already replaced the Camshaft Sensors. Can you please tell me how you did that? Also, did you replace all 4 at the same time? Lastly, this individual http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-suzuki-xl7-cam-sensors-07

Says that he paid $30 a piece? Is that what you paid?

Addika
When you get this code on this vehicule it means that timing chains need to be replaced, the tend to strech, a factory problem, is not the sensors.

Suzuki07