HOW DO I FIX??

2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid • 90,000 miles

I just scanned my vue and pulled out 3 codes I have never seen befor, U-0111, U-1897, P1A7B, I have a 1,000 mile drive this weekend to do with the car, Pleas help!
Stupedmonky

U0111The first one deals with a lost communuication with the control module. These are new ones for me too. They all seem to be related to the data link communication to the ECM. Nothing specific.

So should I go over every connection with a fine tooth comb and see if there are any problems? Or would I be wasting my time?

Stupedmonky
Before you do that, I would like to ask a counterpart of mine here for his suggestions. He is an expert with Saturns.

Just to add to this one code dtc p1a7b is starter/generator control module temperture sensor performance. Its a hybrid code your best bet is to take it to the dealer really hard to talk you thru the repair. You need special tools and hybrid repair knowledge.

Battery engine control module lost communication with bcm and pcm.

You have an 8 yr 80k warranty on the hybrid system. I, at least have seen these codes but never got a chance to track them down due to warranty.

I think you need to call the dealer and run your vin to confirm.

As far as your trip, get a rental from the dealer or a rental agency. You dont want to break down on your trip or rush a repair for your car.

We have a saturn guy on board here but have not seen him on yey. Maybe he can help more.

Good luck

They replied quicker than I even hoped. I hope they helped you.

So get this, last night I took off the "hybrid" cover that covers the 12V battery and the electrical components for the hybrid, and pretty much just with out taking anything off, wiggled all 3 connection on the ECU, I just got in the car and everything works perfect, the hybrid system is charging and assisting, the only thing that still bothers me is that for the last 2 years it keeps throwing a P-0449 witch is a E-VAP code and its been to the dealer like 20 times because of it and no
one can figure it out, but other then that, I have to thank you guy's, you were a big help : )

Stupedmonky
So did you take the cover off the hybrid battery in the back of the hatch area?Or the regular battery under the hood?

Under the hood, would u now how about finding/ fixing a P-0449?

Stupedmonky
The battery under the hood isnt for the hybrid system. As far your code p0449 does the code reset quickly?There really isnt a bulletin I can think of or find for the vue.I can tell you how to test for power to the vent solenoid and also jump the vent solenoid to see if its opening and closing. But to see if the computer was commanding it on and off you would need a tech2 scan tool the one gm uses at the gm dealers. But from the code its going to be the vent solenoid itself the wiring terminal tightness or the computer itself.