2007 Saturn Aura Repair Question
2007 Saturn Aura
Water Pump Replacement (LZ4)
1. Drain the cooling system.
2. Loosen the water pump pulley bolts.
3. Remove the drive belt.
4. Remove the water pump pulley bolts and pulley.
5. Remove the water pump bolts.
6. Remove the water pump and gasket.
7. Clean the water pump mating surfaces.
1. Position a NEW water pump gasket and the water pump to the engine front cover.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.
2. Install the water pump bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 10 N.m (89 lb in).
3. Install the water pump pulley and bolts.
4. Install the drive belt.
5. Tighten the water pump pulley bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 25 N.m (18 lb ft).
6. Fill the cooling system.
7. Inspect for leaks.
Thank you for this information. What I was really trying to ask is how do you get to the water pump? I can see it but I do not know all that it takes to get it out. I cannot find a shop manual for this make and model. Do you have to remove the fender well and/or the top motor mount on the passenger side?
I honestly never replaced a water pump on that car i have done other thing's on the car but never replaced a water pump.If you wanted more room you could put a floor jack under the oil pan with a block of wood between the jack and the oil pan to support the engine.then remove the upper mount and jack the engine up a little.
I appreciate your fast response. Thank you!
Your welcome that's what were here for.
Good news! We learned that the water pump and thermostat are covered up to 100,000 miles under warranty. It looks like I won't have to do the work myself this time. Again, thank you for all of the help.
Your welcome that is good news.