MAX 1500 RPM

2007 Hyundai Azera • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 85,000 miles

I have a 2007 Hyundai Azera with 85,000km on it now. I noticed a very slight intermittened hesitation on the highway since the summer. Dealer could not find any fault but checked the throttle control. NFF. Occasionally now it starts and won't rev higher than 1500rpm. Yes engine light is on. When I hold the accelorator down (1500rpm) and put on the break peddle the RPM drops back to 1000 and stays even after the break is released. It might take 2 restarts to clear and work properly.

Sounds like I need to tak it in again, however I thought I would see if this was a known fault or sensor, etc. I am not sure what is covered under warranty at this point. The manual did not really tell me much there.
Mike
Cauterman

Get a scan done to retrieve the trouble code for the CEL indicating. Let me know the exact trouble code.

Where warranty is concerned, check with the dealer, they should know best.

Car is fixed by the dealer. It was the Throttle Control Sensor. Interesting that it got progressively worse over 6 months. Initially with slight hesitation (approx 100rmp) at 120km/h on the highway. Then it was difficult to get going smoothly from a stop without whiplash. The issue of 1000 rmp to 1500 rpm max was "limp mode". I understand this is programmed to prevent additional damage to the engine with a fault. Engine light on at this point of course. The limp mode would clear with a restart, however 2 or 3 attempts toward the end. I also noticed that when it cleared a touch of the gas peddle would send the RMP up to about 2500 - 3000 without trying. Of course that all make sense now that it is solved. I hope that is helpful to someone down the line.

Cauterman
Thanks for the input. It sure would be helpful to others.

Have a nice day.