OUTSIDE TEMP GAUGE ON REAR VIEW MIRROR READING IS WAY OFF.

2007 Hummer H3 • 5 cylinder AWD Automatic • 66,129 miles

I got in to a bad accident and they had to redo the whole front end and replace the air bag, and replace the battery, and now the temp reading is way off. The compass seems to work fine. Does anyone know how to reset the gauge in the mirror so that it works and reads right.
Thank you so much
Mwatterson

Check all of the wiring and connectors first.

Rivermikerat
The wiring and connetors are fine that is the first thing I checked, any other suggestion.

Mwatterson
Make sure the mirror is getting power and is properly grounded. Proper power. The sensor feeds data to a control module, so any issues with the sensor should show up as soft codes in the computer. These won't cause the CEL to be illuminated and require more than the most basic of scanners to check. You should still be able to get those codes scanned for free at many shops and parts stores. Most likely these will be B, C, or U codes.

Rivermikerat