EX-L, HEADLIGHTS, TURN SIGNALS, DOOR LOCKS (VIA KEYLESS) JUST STOPPED WORKING.

2007 Honda Odyssey • 36,000 miles

2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L, headlights, turn signals, door locks (via keyless) just stopped working, also door lock switch seems inop. Car starts and goes into gear. Hazard lights work. And external temp gauge does not work. I have not checked the fuses yet but that seems impossible due to all the separation.

Need to solve this as night is approaching
Optimusa4

The battery may need to be replaced in the wireless key fob. They pry apart with a very small flat blade screwdriver and sometimes have a slot to put the blade in to start to seperate the halves. You can get the battery at a drug store if parts store is closed or a Radio Shack will have it. The outside tempertaure sensor itself could be bad and failed.
The best way to check on electrical problems is to have the trouble codes pulled. Any Auto Zone or Advance Auto will do this for free.

REALLY? DrCranknWrench: you are saying that the battery in the keyless remote is causing the headlights and turn signals not to work? Do you even read the questions? GEEZ.

Replied on March 04, 2012

Answered by DrCranknWrench (expert)
1,578 answers provided

Winglee
It is at least part of the issue that needs to be eliminated as a possibility. The next thing would be to look at the immobilizer but that would only be if the car were not starting. I am sorry that I did not make it clear that it sounds like you may have multiple problems.
The bottom line is that getting the trouble codes pulled will be the next step in diagnosiing the situation.
I apaologize that I do not always relay all of my thoughts as well as I should when I have a lot of like sustomers going on at the same time, not like problems but similiar enought o get confusing sometimes, that I sometimes do not communicate all that I should have said.
I apologize for any confusion, we are still headed down the right tract.

Sorry about my cranky response. Was having a bad day. Thank you very much for your kind reply and for not ripping my head off. Thanks again for taking the time. -Winglee

Winglee
I had thought about it some more and it might very well be an issue with the anti-theft system or the immobilizer.
If you are still having issues let me know and we can pursue that path.

Hey did you guys figure out this problem? My 2007 Odyssey had almost the identical symptoms last night. TMy 2007 Odyssey's Bright lights, turn signals, temperture gauge, both power sliding doors, my back windshild wiper, gauge lights flicker, intermitent wipers don't work, wipers in regular speed operate in fast speed, and fluids all stopped working at the same time. All fuses checked, no go. Stopped and restarted van, again no go. Went to parts store - no codes are showing up, Battery, Starter, and Alternator test fine.

TommyBoy37
I am assuming resetting the immobilizer fixed it. You have to go to an Advance Auto ro Auto Zone and get aOBD scanner to be able to reset codes or they do it for free.

Looks like I made a mistake in my wording. I said "no go, " when I meant that solution didnt work. Actually the engine runs fine. And there were no codes when tested at AutoZone this morning. If the engine runs fine, it wouldn't be the imbolizer would it?

TommyBoy37
Hi everyone. The solution to my original post is still not found. However we have done some testing. The dealership has replaced the battery but the Electrical Problem still occurs after a steady or heavy rain storm. So when the van is parked outside during weather like it was when my wife was at work. The same issues appear and it takes a while to correct if at all.

To be clear: 1. Key fob and battery are OK
2. All fuses check out.
3. There is no wire short or burning smell to be found.
4. Dealership was not helpful as to "its not doing it now" during the service visit.

Van is currently in for a A1/A2 service. Hopefully it happens during its time in the shop.

Thanks for everyones input.

Optimusa4
Interesting. My '07 seems to have near identical issue. Although this is the 1st time mine has happens. And it has been raining for 2 days straight. But issues are: dash light kinda flicker, power locks don't work, outside temp gauge doesn't work, brights don't work, rear wiper not working, intermittent wiper not working, wiper on slow runs fast, power windows don't work after shutting off engine and accessory but before openning door, and power doors don't work.

TommyBoy37