U0107 LIMP MODE

2007 Honda Accord • 163,000 miles

The car is constantly being put into limp mode with a U0107 Code. I have replaced the TPS mounted on the firewall and the entire Throttle Body but I still get the code and subsequent limp mode. As far as driving conditions are concerned it always seems to happen on the highway or shortly after leaving the highway. After changing the TB I am now at a lost as to what the problem can be since those were the only codes to be thrown out.

Please allow me to explain the 1st occurrence because I believe a little history might be helpful. The first time happened during a long drive from New York to Miami. I made it all the way to Jacksonville (approximately 1000 miles) nonstop only to refuel with no problems and all of a sudden LIMP MODE. Right before the car went into limp mode, I started to feel cold AC water drip on my drivers pedal foot. I believe that was from an EXTREMELY clogged and dirty air filter overworking the AC as opposed to a clogged drain. After changing the AC filter I have not had that problem. The car gave two codes. The first was P2138 and the second was U0107. I unplugged the battery, checked into a hotel, and finish the trip to Miami in the morning. Those were the only two codes to ever show up on the generic readers.

I have tried searching your site for problems specific to mine but couldn't come up with anything resembling it.
BaSubScribe

The 2138 code si the app sensor not the tps. That is where your gas pedal is and it would seem right s you stated it had water dripping on it. You are also getting the u code probably due to the app sensor and it throws the trans into limp mode. Of course it could be something else but unplug the heater drain under car with wire then replace your app sensor. Then clear all the codes.

First I would like to thank you for such a prompt response but I also have to apologize for including that I changed two parts I thought were related to the reoccurring U0107 code. The first one was the APP sensor right on the firewall and then the Throttle Control Body. Both parts are brand new from the dealer, but I am still getting the code as indicated usually on the highway without running the AC. The P2138 code has never shown up up again but the U0107 seems like a 7-10 occurrence. I just want to make sure if there is another related part behind the gas pedal itself? And I am also curious, is there a separate relay for either of those two components that could be shorting out? Also my car is the 2.4 Liter if that makes a difference.

BaSubScribe
Tis isn't as easy as changing a part to fix it. This is how it works: The engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM) uses the serial signal line for two-way communication with the throttle actuator control module.
The ECM/PCM transmits the accelerator pedal position signal to the throttle actuator module, and the throttle actuator control module transmits the actual throttle valve position signal, or a malfunction signal, etc, to the ECM/PCM via this line.
When no serial signals from the throttle actuator control module are received or the serial signals are abnormal for more than a set period of time, the ECM/PCM detects a malfunction and a DTC is stored.
If the connection is bad at any of these or low battery voltage so have the battery checked for condition and load test may have something to do with it. You really need a pro scanner to delve in to this especially since you have stated that water got on your sensor. That really screws things up. This cold have even shorted the throttle module out but you don't want to replace modules without actually checking these first and you need a pro style scanner to do that.