DODGE NITRO BATTERY PROBLEM

2007 Dodge Nitro • 75,000 miles

Hello I am having a starting issue might be a couple of things first it was really cold last night so that might have something to do with it. When I turn the key on it makes a single click and will contine if I leave it on. Battery checks out ok at 11.89V. Tried hooking up my code reader because check engine light was on and when I try to retrive the code the engine light just flashes and will not give me a code. I read something about the WCM ( wireless control module) on these cars having problems anyone aware of this or any other thing I could possibly check to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Hambone887

Your battery is not okay. A fully-charged battery will measure 12.6 volts. A good but discharged battery will read 12.2 volts. You're below that indicating it has a shorted cell or it is really discharged. You can try charging it at a slow rate for an hour to see if the voltage comes up. If it does, measure the battery voltage again once the engine is running. It must be between 13.75 and 14.75 volts. If it is low, have the charging system diagnosed.

Well I charged the battery its up to 12.8 off the car but only about 12.2 when on the car im beginning to think the starter is the problem still gotta test it but I dont think its the WCM mentioned earlier cuz the key still locks and unlocks the doors if it was that those would not work

Hambone887
There's still some confusion about battery voltages. If that 12.8 volts was with the charger connected and turned on, that's not enough. You need a minimum of 13.75 to get the current to flow through the acid in the battery. 12.2 volts off the charger indicates the battery is discharged. Computers do weird things when the supply voltage is low. Some functions may work and others may not.