HEATER BLOWER/AC NOT BLOWING.

2007 Audi Q7 • 68,000 miles

I have just returned from 3 weeks away and 2007 (57) plate Audi Q7 fan blower is not working. Can hear slight tapping noise behind dash although when I lift bonnet you cannot hear anything. Is it that battery may not be fully charged and Power Management Unit is not providing enough electric to power heater / air con blower?

Appreciate any help.
Western803

If you can start the engine easily, that would rule out w weak battery.

Try banging on the blower motor housing to see if the motors starts up.

Hope it is not some cute little mammals that have built a nest inside the blower motor housing that is causing the problem.

The same has happened to my Q7. Heater working fine, left standing for two weeks and found no blowers working when I started engine up> Any ideas?

Philipchalton
I have an Audi Q7 2008 with the 3.0 diesel engine. Hard starting problems hot or cold. A scan revealed defective engine speed sensor. Changed that and camshaft sensor. The problem persists

Francisottley
If the code is still there, it could be a fault with the wiring or the engine computer.