I HAVE AN ERROR CODE COMING ON IT P0480 I KNOW ITS MY FAN 1 CONTROL CIRCUIT BUT WHAT I DONT KNOW IS HOW TO FIX THE ISSUE ALL MY FUSES LOOK GOOD PLEASE

2006 Volkswagen Jetta • 830,000 miles

My fan stays on for about 20 min after I shut my car off and its loud not squeaky loud but more like an airplane, I dont know where to start I checked my fuses but everything looks good, not sure how to check the relays but any info would be helpful, 2006 2.5L Jetta and if you guys have any pictures would help too
Bradronchetto

There is a fan afterun switch on engine tops side valve cover bolt with blue wire. Unplug and see if fan stops.

Fixitmr
Is that how I tell if the relay is bad and if so which relay do I replace

Bradronchetto
Also check the thermal switch on bottom of radiator. It could be bad or plug/contacts are dirty. Pull it and see if fan goes off.

Fixitmr
I work at VW/AUDI dealer. In the summertime I was replacing the "small" rad fan nearly everyday on your vehicle.

When the fans are running, check to see which one is not spinning, guaranteed it's the small rad fan. If so, replace it. There are extremely common.

Why you get the "airplane" noise is because the larger rad fan is now working at double the speed to compensate for the other fan that is not moving.

F4I_guy