HOW TO INSTALL REMOVE TRIM AND INSTALL DOOR CONTROL RECEIVER 89741-AA020

2006 Toyota Camry • 50,000 miles

Need details on how to remove C Pillar Passenger Side trim without damage to install Door Control Receiver 89741AA020. Thank you. Note - I just found your site on the Internet and found your existing messages userful Will recommend site to my pals.
Mariog98

Thanks for the recommendation.
Plastic trim is secured to the inner body frame either with clips that are just pressed through holes in the metal, or with screws. These screws can be Torx head (usually T-10, T-15, or T-20) or Phillips. Normally, there will be a plastic button covering the screw head for aesthetic purposes.

If you can take a couple of pictures and upload them to us here, I can take a close look and describe the exact process in detail for you.

Rivermikerat
The side arear irbag is there too so I was concerned about that. Is the Door Control Receiver above the plastic area where the roof fur lining is? Or is it behind the section of the pillar behind the plasic trim where the airbag label is located? I took a picture for you to review. You can see the roof handle on the left, air bag label in the middle, and roof attachment adapter on the right. Doing more investigatoin I was able to remove the roof attachment you see on the right with a quarter turn of plasci head. I was able to I also pried opn the SRS Airbag cover and it hinged out and I can see a bolt which I did not touch. Do I have to remove the roof handle on the left to pull down the lining to get to the receiver?

Mariog98
Per the attached image, it appears to be above it.
That bolt most likely secures the trim panel to the A pillar.

Rivermikerat