RED LINE LOSS OF POWER STEERING

2006 Saturn Ion • 61,000 miles

After driving approx 45 min. Power steering light comes on and power steering is lost. It's happened the last two times driving long distance. No issues with daily driving to work. If repairs are needed also looking for recommended place to go near Perryville, Md or Maple Shade, NJ
Debb

It's under GOVERNMENT investigation.

Fixitmr
There are recalls on many Saturn for steering issues. Call GM dealer; ask if yours is covered. Check fuses/connections/wires. Power steering motor switch cuts off when overloaded until the power steering motor cools. This switch and module come in one unit and can be installed in about 1hr.

Fixitmr
Just to add to this one I think that power steering motor has a recall and will be replaced for free at the dealer I will look it up for you.

Yes there is special coverage for the steering on that car depending on the last 8 of the vin. What is the last 8 of the vin?The coverage goes 10yrs from the cars in service dat meaning when it was first bought at the dealer. Or 100,000 miles which ever comes first.