REAR BRAKE PAD AND ROTOR REPLACEMENT

2006 Mercury Marquis

How do I replace the rear rotor and pads on my grand marquis, I hear you have to do something with
The parking brake screw to remove the rotor. Can you send me a instruction guide with pictures to help me.
Thephnx39

There is no parking brake incorporated into the caliper on that car. You merely have to push the piston back in. It is recommended to crack the bleeder to prevent pushing the dirty fluid back through the master cylinder.

Wrenchtech
Forums say there is a adjuster that you have to turn thats associated with the Emergency Parking Brake. Does my 2006 grand marquis require me to do that to remove rear rotor?

Thephnx39
As I have already told you. No

Wrenchtech
Will I need to bleed the brake fluid, if so how do I do it without any help

Thephnx39
If you don't let any air in, you won't have to bleed. The best way is to use a "C" clamp to push the piston back. Crack the bleeder and keep it facing up while you wind it in and close it immediately when the piston reaches bottom and you should be fine.

Wrenchtech
What do you mean by "crack the bleeder"?

Thephnx39
Open it slightly.

Wrenchtech
Is there a picture to show me what the bleeder looks like?

Thephnx39
All this is telling me that this job really isn't for you. I suggest you take it to a professional for safety concerns.

Wrenchtech
I figured out what the bleeder screw was, know when I crack it open how far should I turn the screw when I push the piston back in?

Thephnx39