HONDA ODYSSEY BRAKES PROBLEM

2006 Honda Odyssey • 85,000 miles

My brake indicator light came on while I was driving my van, I knew it was time for me to have my brakes changed due to the grinding noise I experienced when stopping. While waiting to get to my off day to have this done a loud beeping started, The beeping only occurred while the van was in motion, if you stopped like at a red light it stopped. I had the brakes changed by my farther a retired certified A class mechanic and my brother who also does his own car maintance and so far with no problems. However when all the repairs where finished the light and the beeping still continue in the same manner. How do you stop this? I wondered if it was simalar to the oil change indicator being reset after an oil change.
Judycooper

It sounds like the driving with the ebrake on alarm. So the brake light on the dash stays on constantly? Let's start with seeing why the light stays on.

Yes the brake indicator light stays on all the time once you star the van, The beeping noise starts when the car starts going, wheather it is froward or reverse. We have changed the brakes but it still continues to happen.

Judycooper
Just to add to this one set the e brake then release it. Then try pulling up on the e brake pedal to see if the light goes off. There is a switch mounted on the brake assembly try disconnecting it. It's a one wire connector. If this doesn't solve your problem then it somewhere else the e brake is not the problem. Remove the master cylinder cover and check the fluid level. There is a switch in their that would turn the light on if the fluid gets low.

Cadieman
Sorry to jump in on your question saturntech9

Cadieman
No problem thanks for the assist.